- All classes, workshops and private events require a 50% deposit made upon registration. If registering within a week of the course start time, full payment is required.
- To register for a class, please download the Registration Form and either mail it or email to the studio. You may also call our Operations Manager, to register over the phone.
- All classes have a four-person minimum. Once classes are in session, all fees are non-refundable. Make-up classes may be available should you need to miss a class or if the studio needs to cancel a class.
- All pieces will be fired and ready for pick up in approximately 10 days from the date they were created. You will receive a phone call or email when the pieces are ready. All pieces must be picked up within 30 days from the time you are notified of pick-up. Old Town Artisan Studio is not responsible for any pieces left after 30 days. It is the student’s responsibilty to pick up their work.
- If a piece or pieces cannot be finished during a class session, students may come in during our open studio hours and work independently for a discounted rate of $8 per hour. Open studio hours are offered during times when there are no classes scheduled. Please refer to our class calendar for all current open hours.
- Any person wanting to use Open Studio hours to create their own work, must have taken a class or private lesson before being eligible to work independantly in the studio. Any child or youth student under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Studio Rules & Safety Procedures
- Always follow the instructions of the instructor.
- Students will not load, unload or operate the pottery kilns.
- Always keep long hair tied back.
- Always wear closed-toe and closed-heel footwear while in the studio.
- Do not use any equipment without an instructor present (this excludes adult students with Open Studio privileges).
- You are responsible for leaving the studio in clean condition. Clean all tools and return them to where you found them. Wipe down all workspaces and equipment you use.
- Please be considerate of other students’ work. Don’t touch or move any clay project that does not belong to you. If you need to move a piece, please ask a staff member.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere within or immediately outside of the studio.
Classes: If you cancel your registration one week prior to the first class of the session, your deposit will be refunded minus the $25 administration fee. Old Town Artisan Studio may need to cancel a session of classes if the minimum enrollment requirement is not met. If Old Town Artisan Studio does cancel a session you will have the option of a full refund or to transfer your enrollment to another session.
Private Events: Should you need to cancel your birthday party or special event, please let us know 48 hours before the party start time in order to receive a full refund of your deposit. We cannot refund deposits for cancellations made after this time.